Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sole Mates

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain





“Is it time to go home yet? I keep clicking these d@m* shoes, but nothing happens.” Robin Hecht









“A man hasn’t got a corner on virtue just because his shoes are shined.” – Ann Petry







“I never put on a pair of shoes until I’ve worn them at least five years.” – Samuel Goldwyn




“I was sad because I had no shoes, and then I met a man who had no feet. So I said, ‘Got any shoes you’re not using?’” – Steven Wright




“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” Jack Handey



“I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.” Oprah Winfrey






“The time has come,” the walrus said, “To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships – and sealing wax – of cabbages and kings.” Lewis Carroll




“What becomes of the broken hearted? They buy shoes.” – Mimi Pond





“If the shoe fits – buy it in every color.” – popular saying





“Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life.” – T-shirt Wisdom





“Two things you can never have too many of. Good friends and good shoes.” – common women’s knowledge

 “I did not have three thousand pair of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.” - Imelda Marcos (Yes, but did she have that many friends?)










“All God’s children need traveling shoes.” – Maya Angelou





“Good shoes take you good places.” – Seo Min Hyun





“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where you’ll go.” – Dr. Suess

2 comments:

  1. "What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?"
    –Michelangelo

    Obvs, Mike was a) born before Fluevogs, b) a guy, c) dead wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I love about shoes is; if you have them on wrong you know it.

    ReplyDelete